I have been meditating every New Moon for two years now. It is a lovely way to start the month; with a spiritual focus and intention. These meditations help me anchor the new energies every month and form a basis for my spiritual practice. To expand on this New Moon meditation (organized by another Dutch Light worker) I have decided to start my own Full Moon Meditation Newsletter. By meditating from our own homes together, a field of unity and consciousness is created. It helps each participant to tune into the new incoming cosmic energies. I would like to invite you to join in with this meditation, if it feels right for you.
The power of the (full) moon
The 14 days of the waxing moon help us when we want to start new projects. It is a time of renewal and the planting of new seeds. These are excellent days for manifestation. You can use a New Moon meditation to focus on the new, and focus on your intent for the month ahead.
The fourteen days of the waning moon can be used to finish projects and to let go of things that no longer serve you. The Full Moon meditation is a good moment to focus your attention on things your want to release.
The Full Moon on July 25 2010
The next full moon will be on Sunday July 25. A wonderful moment to connect to all other Light workers in a full moon meditation. When the moon is full, it completely reflects the sunlight back at us like a beautiful, enchanted mirror. Therefore the full moon is a splendid moment to tune into the Light during meditation.
This year, the Full moon coincides with the Day Out of Time of the Tzolkin Calendar.
This natural energetic calendar runs side by side with the 13 moon calendar. The Day Out of Time is date don every July 25th. It falls between the ending of the last year (July 24) and the beginning of the new year (July 26). This is an appropriate day to stop the daily hassles and give expression to the truth of “Time is Art!”
This day calls for celebrating freedom and life. It is a good day to come together in timelessness and loving kindness. To share in love and peace. Use this day to reflect on the past year. Let go of all that was, forgive and purify. The power of the full moon will enable this process further. This will create space and peacefulness to look forward to the new year.
Affirmation for the Day Out of Time in 2010:
“On this Day Out of Time and Unity we may come together in love like stars lighting the heavenly firmament.”
Preparation for meditation
Before going into meditation, take 15 minutes to look back on this past year (counting from July 26, 2009). What did the year bring you? Which blessings fill you with gratitude? What things serve you no longer? Are there issues to forgive? Are there projects you need to finish? Write these down and bring them to your meditation.
Find a peaceful place where you can meditate without being disturbed.
If possible you may want to meditate in the fresh air out in nature, as to be closer to the full moon. An undisturbed place inside can be equally beneficial.
An altar can help you find the right focus for your meditation.
You can make this in a way that suits you. My altar holds crystals, candles, a Buddha Statue, angel statue and a Statue of mother Mary that belonged to my grandmother. For this full moon meditation you may want to fill a bowl of clear water to represent the moon. You may place a moonstone before you or hold it in your hand. As Archangel Gabriel rules over the powers of the moon, you may choose a picture of Gabriel.
You are welcome to connect to me and all the other Light workers who are meditation on the full moon at 7 p.m. UK time. Though far away, we can all connect through the field of unity. You may find this strongly facilitates your meditation. If you cannot make it at 7 p.m. you may sit down another time with the intention of connecting.
- Light some candles. You may choose to burn some incense as well.
- Sit quietly.
- Ask the angels for protection during the meditation. You may do this by asking Archangel Michael to place his deep blue cloak of protection around you.
- You may also ask the angels to clear your space and surround it with white light.
- Ground yourself by imagining a perfect lotus flower underneath each foot. Let the petals softly open towards the earth to let the healing energy of the earth flow into your body.
- Feel the power of the earth flow into your feet, ankles, knees and then to your upper legs upwards. Which colour is this healing energy from mother Earth?
- Let is flow into your pelvis, your abdomen and finally your chest. Take it into your heart and let your fill untill it flows over.
- At the same time, envision a cord or root grow from the base of your spine into the earth. Use this connection to Mother Earth to let go of all things you no longer need; any tension or pain in your body. Do not feel guilty about this. Mother Earth is able to re-use the pent-up energy. Much like turning the contents of your compost bin into fertile ground, she transforms all the things you let go of and give to her.
- Once you feel completely filled by the power of the earth and once you have let go of all you need to, imagine a big, beautiful lotus flower on the top of your head (=crown chakra). Let is open its petals and connect to the power of the moon.
- Imagine a moon beam flowing into your crown chakra. Let this solver light fill your head, your brain, eyes, ears, nose and mouth with twinkling energy. Your intuition and creativity are enhanced by this wonderful light. Then let it flow through your throat, neck and shoulders into your chest where the energy of the moon and the earth come together in a perfect rainbow of opalescent colour.
- Now imagine Archangel Gabriel standing before you. Ask Gabriels help to let go all the things that no longer serve you and the greater good. Tell Gabriel about all the things you wrote on your list:
“Beloved Archangel Gabriel, I now release………… I let go off all that no longer serves me. In this way new room and energy is created to finish my projects and be ready for new blessings. Please fill my mind and heart with healing moon light and help me see and develop my true potential.”
- You may site quietly for a while to receive any images or insights for the coming phase of the moon.
- Finally, come back into your body. Take a few deep, cleansing breaths. Be aware of your body. Feel the contact it makes with the ground or floor beneath you.
- When you are done, mindfully blow out your candles to let go of the meditation.
I would love to hear about your experiences with the meditation. you are always welcome to post a comment on this blog. Should you need angel coaching to further let go of the old and manifest the new, feel free to email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
May you have a blessed full moon!